MEET ME AT MIDNIGHT



Ever had a dream come true?
I have. five times, and this night, I was hoping for a sixth.
“More wine, miss?”a waiter asked.
“yes, please”
Waited for him because he was the only one that mattered to me
Was he here?
I picked my phone on the table and checked the screen for a message-the hundredth time I’d done so in the last hour, even though I’d have felt the vibration if one arrived.
I cant wait any longer please tell him to come, he’s here. “Mr midnight, the object of every one of my dirty dreams for the last month”. He hadn’t promised to come- he ‘d never promised anything-but during mother’s last four shindigs, he’d texted me by eight
My colleague at work called Andy realized I was in a deep thought
“Enjoying yourself?” she asked.
“Not really.”
But she clearly was. Just with her date, a glass in her hand, a man on her arm very handsome tall man
I mustered up a smile and replied. “Five hours and counting.”
Andy drained her glass and whispered something to the man at her back, lifting his wrist with delicate fingers to check the time. He wore a black wrist watch, clearly enough I saw the curve of he’s lips I envied Andy.
“See you in the morning,” she said giving me a little wave.
                                     ***
Three days later, went through my books shelf trying to read the book “ATTITUDE".my phone beeped

Unknown: Meet me at ******

Seriously I hope its not a trick by her sister????????. Stay tune for Episode 2  

Comments

Post a Comment