MEET ME AT MIDNIGHT (Episode 2)




Unknown: Meet me at midnight. The chronicles guest house by the pond

At first I thought the message was a joke. It had to be. Because this is someone I dream off

Andy: Surely I hope you’re not going anywhere, I pretended not to have heard her.

Ten rather sweaty minutes later, as I stood with my mother and father pretending to listen to their conversation, the mystery man replied.

Unknown: only one way to find out….

I poured myself another glass of garish yellow fruit punch from a daffodil-patterned jug and sighed. Andy would go, but Andy had more courage than I did .people always expressed surprise when they found out we are course mate from the same university, and I quite understood why-I was the mouse to her lioness, the water to her fire. 

Fine, so I was the waitress to Andy lioness.
Why did he choose such a place like this? And at a quarter to midnight, I kept walking round the chronicle guest house.
I hadn’t planned to go there. I hadn’t even thought about it. Okay, so I had thought about it, but not seriously. I mean, the whole idea was crazy, right?

“Identify yourself,” she said. “Who goes there?”

“You know who it is,” he said, voice low.

“I’m quite sure I don’t.”

He stepped forward, closer, closer, until I felt the puff of breath on my check, tried kissing me.

The next thing he got was a hot slap on he’s face given by me, he paused.

He paused halfway to the door.” What?

“uh, I…… I don’t think we should this.…”

I pulled out my phone and handbag and walked out of him

Then he melted into the darkness.

The next morning, I soaked my blisters in a hot bubble bath as I relived midnight’s visit with quarrel and embarrassment. Confessing I had no idea how I slapped him, he must have thought I was a complete maroon. But whatever he’s thinking is not of my business. if he thoroughly want to approach a lady of substance he should be more careful.

“Taking the day off?” Mummy asked when I perched on a stool at the breakfast bar.

 “I’ve got a video conference with the conference with the merchandise, I spat my orange juice across the table. “No, you most certainly did not.”

 She threw me a roll of paper towel, and I blotted up the mess.

“When’s the next party?” I asked.

Four weeks, darling. Don’t forget your father and I are going for a break at the villa first.”

                                     ****

So after the whole incident Mr midnight hasn’t called or text me, what do you think it could be,  the misunderstanding we had?. “Stay tune for episode 3”









Comments

Post a Comment